Friday 10 September 2010

Pub Night 10th Septe

10th: Hyde Pub Night

I was apprehensive as to whether anybody would turn up to my first pub night as various people had already told me that they had other plans. However I was pleasantly surprised on walking past the pub window to see Paul, Helena, Rosemary and Ian were already enjoying drinks. We were soon joined by John, Steve and Simone. We were joined slightly later by Sean and Les who had stopped off at the Sportsman for a drink on the way.

Although there was a lively atmosphere, we had plenty of space to sit comfortably at the far end of the pub and were able to partake of the extensive choice of drinks including some excellent value local Cask Ales. We had a convivial evening in good company.
Sean and Les came across 4 old school friends that they had not seen for some years at the bar. It so turned out that I had known one of these friends since I was 17 (which was some years ago !!! ) .

A good night was had by all and thanks to everybody who supported my first pub night.

Cheers,
Philomena.