Monday 18 January 2016

Walk Alderley Edge 17/01/2016

In a change to the published program Jack led a walk around Alderley Edge.
Jack wrote...
Sunday 17th January.
Despite overnight snow and a rather cloudy morning, 23 of us set out from Alderley Edge on a circular walk. We first walked over to Nether Alderley Church where a coffee break was taken. I very nice man opened up the toilet in the church hall for those in need of relief. We then walked past the old water mill before having a gentle climb up to the ridge. I had to shorten the walk slightly as on my reccee earlier in the week I had been nearly up to my knees in mud. The diversionary route also proved somewhat muddy but we got through without any major catastrophes.
We had lunch at the picnic site behind the Wizard but by now there was  a biting wind so we did not delay too long. Our route now took us via the edge and down into the village. A large proportion of us adjourned to the Drum and Monkey for liquid refreshments.
My thanks to Sandra who did most of the navigation.
Jack